Every effort and action of Hoags Corners Volunteer Fire Company is intended to attain or accomplish the following:
- To protect members of our community and their property from injury, loss, damage, or destruction by fire.
- To acquire and maintain in working order, the equipment and fire apparatus required to protect our community.
- To maintain the fire department buildings to house equipment and provide a meeting space for department members and our community.
- To provide the necessary training and personal equipment required by the volunteer fire services and foster interest in others to serve as volunteers.
- To assist our neighboring communities to answer the call of distress according to the county mutual aid plan.
- HCVFC responds to all Emergency Medical Services calls in cooperation with the Hoags Corners Ambulance.
- Fire district coverage area is 26.66 square miles or over 60% of the town.
- Population in coverage area 2,500-3,000.
- Alarms per year 150-275.
- Fundraising events per year 10-15.
- Residential structures in coverage area 749-800.
- Types of membership include Active firefighters and Social members.