Social Members have the distinguished job of supporting Hoags Corners firefighters as well as the members of our community.
Vital to our organization, you’ll help run the business side from fundraising to planning our annual awards banquet. There are so many ways to get involved, make a difference, and have a great time doing it.
Social Member Volunteer Opportunities
- By setting up for and serving breakfast the first Sunday of each month, you’ll raise money for the equipment and maintenance that keeps our firefighter safe.
- Social members are often supportive in the case of weather emergencies. We have made several collections and supply runs after Hurricanes Sandy and Irene.
- We have financially supported the war veterans in our community through fundraisers like spaghetti dinners.
- Hall and grounds maintenance is always appreciated, particularly in the warmer months.
- Social members can join committees to write supportive ByLaws, promote Hoags Corners throughout the community, and raise company moral.
- Planning is always needed for the annual awards banquet honoring those members who serve their community.
- Approved social members can also bring food and refreshment to a fire scene, offering sustenance to firefighters during a physically taxing firefight as part of Code 100 response.
If you enjoy working together toward a common goal and developing potentially lifelong friendships right where you live, join us! Fill out the Hoags Corners Fire Volunteer Application today!
Stop by any drill night (Wednesdays at 7pm, except the first Wednesday of the month) or our monthly breakfast (The first Sunday of the month, 8-11 am) to submit your application and introduce yourself!